System Center Operations Manager by Jonathan Hambrook

July 5, 2007

Interesting Issue with Reports…

Filed under: Issues, Microsoft, SCOM 2007 — opsmgr @ 8:21 pm

Well today I found an interesting issue with the intedgrated Reports. You can rplicate this by doing the following:
1. Open System Center Operation Manager Console
2. Goto [-] Microsoft Windows Server [+] Windows Server State
3. Select a Server
4. In the Actions panel select one of the Performance History Reports
5. In the Report Details choose a date spanning months. (ie: 20th June to 10th July)

Now at first glance I thought I was missing data but then quickly realised what I was seeing was the correct data, just not in the expected display. Have a look at what I saw:

Wrapping SCOM Report

If you look closely you will see I have asked for a report to start on the 20th June and to run untill the 4th of July.

What I get however is the first 4 days of July before the last 10 days of June… I have posted this to MS and am awaiting a responce, however I would guess there is an issue with date formating issue, as in Australia we use DD/MM/YYYY.

UPDATE: MS have been able to replicate this and are working on some re-engineering of the Reports, could be hotfix or part of SP1.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: